Roundhay Park - Waterloo Lake - Leeds
Mansion Lane, Leeds LS8
Controlling Rights : Leeds City Council
Tel : 0113 234 8080
Fish Species :
- Bream, Carp, Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd & Tench
- None listed, although a sensible approach is advised.
- Car parking is available in the parks, car park.
Best local tactics :
- Large carp can be seen basking around the islands in the Summer months.
- Deeper water near the dam also makes pike fishing a must in this area.
Best pegs :
- The deeper water tends to be towards the dam and the shallower water to the North of the lake. As this lake is rarely fished, there is not really a local " Hot Spot."
General Information :
- At one time Roundhay Park was a premier match water that attracted fishing legends like Bob Nudd to compete in major competitions.
- It still holds a large head of specimen sized bream - large carp and pike are present into the 20lb bracket.